Thursday, October 12, 2006

"work"


i kinda had a scary situation at work today. i sub during nap time for a 2 year old class. today when i went in, the teacher started telling me about one of the kids. she told me that his parents are going through a divorce and that there is a restraining order against the mom. this was not the unusual part because i've had other kids that stay with aunts, uncles or grandparents because there are restraining orders on one or both of their parents. however, for this kid, the teacher told me that it was very possible that the mom could try to come today to get him. she had to tell me what all to do if she came, then she got to what to do if she had a weapon with her. whoa whoa whoa...a weapon? yeah that kinda scared me. the thought of waking up 7 sleeping toddlers and getting them into another classroom was a bit frightening. so anyway, i just kept sitting there watching this kid sleeping so peacefully, thinking about how little he knows about the troubles that are sure to come in his life, even at his young age. it made me very sad for the kid, and scared to think of the responsibility that i had for those kids' safety.

anyway, the pics are some that my roommate took while we were outside with our k-2nd grade kids yesterday. vincent could be a future model, don't you agree?! that's what lizzie & i think anyway.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

aawww, so cute! but...you had time to write this but not to respond to either of my messages?!

Anonymous said...

Hi, Riss ~

Yeah, that's a tough start. How many kids are there who go through things like this or worse? That's some pretty cute kids in your pics.
I know God will bless you for your part in their lives! I'm proud of you!

Lacey said...

That would be a scary situation. Definitely not something that I even think about happening. It's a reminder to be in prayer for kids going through situations like that daily!

You already know I love the pics...I agree with you about the boy becoming a model. Pretty blue eyes like the Neidigks! :)

Lacey said...

P.S. I think you should change my link title to "Lacey in America" (a pattern was developing and it stopped with me) lol :)

Anonymous said...

Whoa that is kinda scary. I'm glad it hasn't come to that. Crazy!

Oh yeah, Vincent is def gonna be a heart breaker. :)

P.S. Respond to my message on Facebook Please! I need to know!

mel_peru said...

three and a half weeks!

mel_peru said...

hey. it has almost been a month

Lacey said...

Hello, Riss!!!! We miss you!

Updates please :)

Lacey said...

Peru travels would be fun to read about :)