Thursday, August 30, 2007

changes

things i miss about 2nd graders
-hugs for no reason
-excitement over pulled teeth
-telling me everything
-random stories
-comforting them when they cry
-helping them put on bandaids when they're hurt
-cute little laughs
-never-ending energy
-playing knockout and pig in the gym
-how they actually like for me to play with them
-how i can give them time out, but they still like me anyway

starting this week, i just got 5th-7th graders (to help out with my resume a little). they're great too, & i just need to get used to them, but i miss my 2nd graders.=( plus it's hard to feel as much in charge when half of them are taller than i am (one 12 yr old girl is 5'11"!). so anyway, i guess just pray for me as i get used to this new age & figure out how to relate to them & how to get them to actually do what i say.





6 comments:

Anonymous said...

5'11"???? wow! i know what you mean about not feeling older than them since they're bigger! and little kids are so cute. maybe you should just always work with little ones since that's what you like? you don't HAVE to work with older kids :-)

Mary Anna said...

There's a 12 year old girl that is practically 6 feet tall?! That's insane!

Yeah, I'd miss those things too. I always was surprised when you told me that you wanted to work with older kids. For some reason, I just see you with lil kids, but I know you'll be great with the 5-7th graders. They'll love you, and you'll have a lot of fun with them too.

Lacey said...

That is good that you can work with different ages to know where you really want to be!

I love 5th and 6th graders...there is a bit more drama with that age though!

I know what you mean about the kids being taller...it seems like every year @ Camp Crestview there are at least a couple kids in my group that tower over me! 5'11" is pretty crazy though!!

Anonymous said...

I'd say that girl is en route to being 8'7"

and man, i miss the days when we could comfort our pains with a band-aid! seems like its much more troublesome being all grown up than it was being in 2nd grade.

but, who am i kiddin? i'm not all grown up!

and now that i have a blog, you have to start blogging again. do iiiittt

Anonymous said...

yesh, most people can't think that well at 4 in the morning. but, luckily for me, its during normal hours that i can't think...so 4 in the morning is prime time for me!

Mary Anna said...

I miss your posts. :(